Electrify America, which is building a robust national charging network and increasing electric vehicle awareness across the United States, today issued a call for comments, proposals and recommendations that provide guidance and data to help guide the company’s next set of Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) investments in California and across the country.
This investment cycle, the second of four 30-month cycles and part of a $2 billion commitment over ten years, will start in July 2019 and end in December 2021. This is an opportunity for governments, organizations and others to assist Electrify America as it updates its analytical models, evaluates new technology and public policy developments, tracks evolving consumer expectations and explores the value of new allowable ZEV Investments.
To assist in drafting Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plans, Electrify America is specifically looking for the following types of input:
- Suggestions and Data Relevant to Cycle 2 Investments – Inputs from governments or organizations that are helpful to the decision-making process including data for helping qualify appropriate new use cases or to place charging stations, ZEV infrastructure plans for individual communities and information regarding state and local policies designed to increase ZEV adoption;
- Education & Access Suggestions – Suggestions on Electrify America’s approach to education and access or specific events it should consider for participation;
- Specific Site Locations – Site locations that should be nominated for consideration in Cycle 2 infrastructure investments;
- Cycle 1 Comments and Feedback – Feedback on Cycle 1 National and California ZEV Investment Plans, including approaches to metro selection, highways included, evaluation of use cases and integration of new technology; and
- Other – All other comments or submissions that relate directly to Electrify America’s ZEV Investment Commitment.
Palmetto Clean Fuels submitted a Cycle 1 Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Proposal to Electrify America, LLC for consideration and plans to submit a proposal for Cycle 2.
All submissions must be received by March 1, 2018 to better ensure consideration in the Cycle 2 ZEV Investment Plans. For more information or to submit proposals, please visit www.electrifyamerica.com.
About Electrify America
Electrify America LLC, which is headquartered in Reston, Virginia, will invest $2 billion over the next 10 years in Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure and awareness. The investment will enable millions of Americans to discover the benefits of electric driving and support the buildout of a nationwide network of workplace, community and highway chargers that are convenient and reliable. For more information and to view the national and California ZEV investment plans, visit www.electrifyamerica.com. For any inquiries related to Cycle 2, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.